Introduction to NinJaTrader Platform
NinjaTrader is a popular trading platform that may be used for trading Forex, Stocks, and Futures. NinjaTrader LLC was found in June 2004 and it is a private company maintaining headquarters in Denver, USA, and general offices in Germany and in the Netherlands. Today there are more than 300 commercial partners/developers of NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader can be used for free, but those traders that want to exploit the full features of the trading platform must purchase the commercial version (info at the end of this review).
■ Trading: Forex | Stocks | Futures
NinjaTrader Basic Features
The platform is supported today by hundreds of brokers and developers. NinjaTrader offers advanced market analytics, sophisticated charting, automated trading, expert advisors, back-testing and trading simulator. There is also the ability to import data from Metastock (Text file based historical data import).
NinjaTrader Advanced Charting
One of the Key advantages of NinjaTrader is the Advanced Charting Features, here are some key charting capabilities:
1. Multi charting and a wide variety of drawing tools
2. Trade from Charts (1-click trading)
3. Wide Indicators and Strategies Library (create your own)
4. SuperDOM Feature (Single click order entry, modification, and cancellation)
5. Chart Trader (explained below)
6. Auto-Breakeven Trading Button
Here are some characteristics of the Chart Trader incorporated in NinjaTrader: 1. Execute trades directly from charts | 2. Enter and modify trading orders | 3. Real-Time Monitoring of positions and orders
Forex Trader (FX Pro)
Forex Trader Pro is specially designed for Forex traders:
1. Read the market Easy Window | 2. Single click trading | 3. Display Forex Market Depth
4. Time and Market Data Window | 5. Fast-Alert Window | 6. RSS and News Window
NinjaTrader Market & Strategy Analyzer
The NinjaTrader market analyzer offers:
1. Fast quote sheet which allows hundreds of financial instruments to be displayed in real time
2. 150 Columns for indicators
3. Dynamic sorting, ranking and filtering
4. Personalized criteria using NinjaScript®
The Strategy Analyzer offers: 1. Historical performance back-testing | 2. Forward analysis | 3. Basket testing | 4. 80 and more performance metrics | 5. Multi-performance graphs
ATM Feature (Advanced Trade Management)
This is one of the most important features of NinjaTrader platform, and offers: 1. Automate your stop-loss and take-profit order submission | 2. Automate self-trailing stop-loss orders | 3. Automatic breakeven stop-loss order
Develop and Analyze Automatic Trading Strategies
Developers of NinjaTrader may formulate their own strategies using the NinjaScript® (based on C++).
1. Easy creator for non-programmers | 2. Advanced Strategy-Development using NinjaScript® | 3. 100 and more Pre-Defined indicators | 4. High performance back-testing | 5.Monte Carlo analysis | 6. Real-time simulation testing.
Execute Automated Trading Strategies
NinjaTrader allows Trading signals execution from External Apps:
1. NinjaTrader provides automatic execution of trading signals.
2. Signals from TradeStation to your broker (no programming)
3. Trading Signals from eSignal to your broker
4. Multi-interface options (DLL, File, and .NET)
Supported Market Data Vendors
Here are some market data vendors that partner with the NinjaTrader platform: eSignal | Google Finance | Telvent DTN | TradeStation | Yahoo Finance | Kinetick.
3rd Party Trading Apps
There are more than 300 commercially developed add-ons (strategies and indicators): 1. Extended library of indicators and trading strategies | 2. Large network of NinjaTrader educators
Official Supporting Brokers
Here are some brokers that partner with NinjaTrader:
CQG | FOREX.com | FXCM | Interactive Brokers | MB Trading | Patsystems | TD Ameritrade | Trading Technologies | Vision Financial Markets | Zen-Fire
Download Free or Buy the NinjaTrader Lifetime License
You may download NinjaTrader for free or to buy the commercial version. The commercial version starts from $995 per license.
■ Automated Platforms -NinjaTrader Review